Hey parents, mark your calendars! Target’s incredibly popular car seat trade-in event is returning next week, and we’ve got the dates and all the details to ensure you get the best deal!
Bring in your child’s old car seat to any participating Target between Tuesday, September 3rd and Friday, September 13th, and trade it in for a 20% off coupon you can use towards a new car seat, travel system, stroller, or select baby gear home item. Coupons must be used by Saturday, September 14th.
HOW THE TRADE-IN EVENT WORKS:
- Bring your used car seat to the drop-box located near Guest Services at any participating Target store anytime between Tuesday, September 3rd and Friday, September 13th.
- Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats including infant car seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster seats, as well as car seats that are expired or damaged.
- Pick up a 20 percent off coupon from Target Guest Services.
- Use your coupon online or in stores on or before Saturday, September 14th. (I highly recommend shopping early in the event for the best selection!)
- The coupon can be used toward a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller or select baby home gear such as playards, high chairs, swings, rockers, and bouncers (see included items here)
- Guests can get one coupon for each item you trade-in (e.g. you may be able to trade in your infant car seat with the base as two separate items to get two coupons since car seat bases are listed separately).
- The coupons can NOT be stacked on top of each other, but they can be stacked with existing baby sale items and Cartwheel offers.
- The coupon from the trade-in event can not be stacked with the registry completion coupon
- Use your REDcard to save an additional 5% and get free shipping on your online purchase (non-cardholders get free shipping on orders of $35+).
- TIP: If you don’t have a car seat to trade-in or you need more than one coupon, you may be able to find a FREE used car seat through Facebook Marketplace or your local Buy Nothing Project group.
So what happens with those old car seats you’re turning in? Target partners with Waste Management, who uses the materials to create new products such as pallets, plastic buckets, and construction materials. So by participating in this program, you not only get to save money but also help the environment!
The Target Car Seat Trade-In Event happens twice a year, every spring and fall. Since the program first launched in April 2016, Target has recycled 11.9 million pounds of car seats!