Hey parents, mark your calendars – Target’s incredibly popular car seat trade-in event is returning in early April 2021 and I’ve got all the details for you! 🙌🏻
Bring in your child’s old car seat to any participating Target between Monday, April 5th and Saturday, April 17th, and trade it in for a 20% off coupon you can use towards a new car seat, stroller, or select baby gear home item. Coupons must be used by Saturday, May 1st.
Similar to last fall, Target will have a no-contact trade-in process via Target Circle. Everything you need to know is below!
HOW THE TARGET CAR SEAT TRADE-IN EVENT WORKS:
- Bring your used car seat or base to the designated drop-box at any participating Target store anytime between Monday, April 5th and Saturday, April 17th.
- Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats including infant car seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster seats, as well as car seats that are expired or damaged.
- Guests must be enrolled in Target Circle to participate in the trade-in event (it’s free to sign up). Drop your car seat in the designated box and then use your mobile device to scan the box and receive your 20% off coupon
- If you have two car seats to trade in you will be able to redeem this offer twice.
- The coupon can be used either online or in-store through Saturday, May 1st. When you’re ready to use the coupon, go to your “Wallet” in the Target App .
- The coupon can be used toward a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller, or select baby home gear such as playards, high chairs, swings, rockers, and bouncers. I HIGHLY recommend shopping early in the event for the best selection!
TARGET CAR SEAT TRADE-IN TIPS:
- The coupons can not be stacked on top of each other, but they can be combined with most other item offers (see Target’s current Baby Deals)
- Use your REDcard to save an additional 5% and get free shipping on your online purchase (non-cardholders get free shipping on orders of $35+).
- If you don’t have a car seat to trade-in or you need more than one coupon, you may be able to find a FREE used car seat through Facebook Marketplace or your local Buy Nothing Project group.
- As stated above, whether shopping online or in stores, shop early in the event for the best selection!
And what happens with those old car seats you’re turning in? Target partners with Waste Management, who uses the materials to create new products such as pallets, plastic buckets, and construction materials. So by participating in this program, you not only get to save money but also help the environment!
HOW OFTEN IS THE TARGET CAR SEAT TRADE-IN?
The Target Car Seat Trade-In Event happens twice a year, every spring and fall. Since the program first launched in April 2016, Target has recycled 17 million pounds of plastic!