The Target Car Seat Trade-In Event is Back!
Hey parents, mark your calendars – Target’s incredibly popular car seat trade-in event is returning in September 2022 and we’ve got all the details for you! 🙌🏻
Bring in your child’s old car seat to any Target store between Sunday, September 11th and Saturday, September 24th, and trade it in for a 20% off coupon you can use towards a new car seat, stroller, or select baby gear home item.
Similar to the last few trade-in events, Target will have a no-contact trade-in process via Target Circle. Everything you need to know is below!
To see the best Black Friday baby deals, join our Facebook Deals Group and follow our Instagram stories.
How the Target Car Seat Trade-In Event Works:
- Bring your used car seat to the designated drop-box at any participating Target store anytime between Sunday, September 11th and Saturday, September 24th.
- Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats including infant car seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster seats, as well as car seats that are expired or damaged.
- Guests must be enrolled in Target Circle to participate in the trade-in event (it’s free to sign up). Drop your car seat in the designated box and then use your mobile device to scan the box and receive your 20% off coupon.
- Guests will receive one coupon per Target Circle account. The coupon is redeemable twice through Saturday, October 8th.
- When you’re ready to use the coupon, go to your Wallet in the Target App or, if shopping online, visit Target.com/circle. The coupon can be used in stores or online and applies toward a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller, or select baby home gear such as playards, high chairs, swings, rockers, and bouncers.
Target Car Seat Trade-In Tips:
- Coupons can not be stacked on top of each other, but they can be combined with most other item offers (see Target’s current Baby Deals)
- Use your REDcard to save an additional 5% and get free shipping on your online purchase (non-cardholders get free shipping on orders of $35+).
- If you don’t have a car seat to trade-in, you may be able to find a FREE used car seat through Facebook Marketplace or your local Buy Nothing Project group.
- As stated above, whether shopping online or in stores, shop early in the event for the best selection!
And what happens with those old car seats you’re turning in? Target partners with Waste Management, which uses the materials to create new products such as pallets, plastic buckets, and construction materials. So by participating in this program, you not only get to save money but also help the environment!
How Often Is the Target Car Seat Trade-In Event?
The Target Car Seat Trade-In Event happens twice a year, every spring and fall. Since the program first launched in April 2016, Target has recycled 29.6 million pounds of car seat materials!
When is the 2023 Target Car Seat Trade-In?
The fall 2022 Target Car Seat Trade-In is scheduled to kick off on Sunday, September 11th. We anticipate the first 2023 car seat trade-in event to happen in April.
Be sure to follow along on Instagram and join our Facebook Group to be notified as soon as the car seat trade-in event (and other big baby sales) are announced!
If you liked this post, you might like these too:
Just picked up some boosters $2.50 at a consignment half price day sale to trade in, so that’s another way to snag something to trade in.
Yes, this is a great idea! Thank you for sharing.
Are there brands that are off limits? I’d love to grab a BOB single jogger!
As far as I know, there are no brand exclusions!
Are any other stores taking the target coupon?
Not that I’ve heard of but I will look into it! 🙂
Do you have any sense what the limit to “select baby gear” is? I have an 18 m/o, and insofar as they’re accepting trades, I’d think they’d offer deals on your now-older baby. Would love to buy her a climber, pretend play item, or maybe even just winter boots depending on what they’ll allow to be covered.
Is Walmart also doing a car seat trade in event?
They haven’t done one since 2019! I hope they bring it back soon.
I have twins and would love to trade in two infant car seats to upgrade for two convertible car seats. Do you know if they will let me get two separate coupons or use one coupon for two seats?
You can only get one coupon per Target Circle account, but that coupon can be redeemed twice! So you’ll be able to get two car seats. 🙂
If I have two bases and a car seat will I get 3 20% off coupons or just the one ?
You can only get one coupon (that can be redeemed twice) per Target Circle account. Maybe you can use a family member’s Circle account for additional coupons.
Can I drop off a car seat for donation prior to the trade in event? I don’t need another but would like to pass this one on if someone can use it. My husband doesn’t want it taking up space so I’m trying to expedite the process at this time. Thanks so much for your help!
Good question! I don’t have the answer to it, but maybe try calling your local store. If not, you can always post on Facebook marketplace or if you have a neighborhood Buy Nothing group.
Does the coupon work on all baby gear, say for example, a stokke trip trapp high chair?
I don’t know of any brand exclusions, but keep me posted. I know the discount worked on the Doona this time, which never goes on sale!
Do you have to do separate orders to use the coupon twice? You can’t just add two new car seats to one order and it apply it twice?