Update: Due to an overwhelming response to the Car Seat Trade-In Event, Walmart is ending the event early. Car seats will not be accepted after September 21st.
If you missed the Target Car Seat Trade-In Event, then here is some good news for you! As part of Walmart’s Best of Baby Month, Walmart has teamed up with TerraCycle to recycle used car seats. From Monday, September 16th to Monday, September 30th, bring in your child’s old car seat and you’ll get a $30 Walmart gift card!
The two companies are joining forces to launch one of the nation’s largest car seat recycling events in nearly 4,000 Walmart stores across the country. TerraCycle works with major manufacturers and retailers to recycle “difficult-to-recycle” products and packaging that would usually end up in the landfill. Getting rid of an unusable car seat and helping the environment?! We’re all in.
HOW THE TRADE-IN EVENT WORKS:
- Bring your car seat to the trade-in event at your participating Walmart between Monday, September 16th and Monday, September 30th
- Take the car seat to the Customer Service Desk to be recycled.
- Receive your $30 Walmart gift card to be used online or in stores
- Each household may trade in up to two car seats
- Any car seat brand will be accepted
- Booster seats are not eligible for trade-in
- TIP: If you don’t have a car seat to trade-in, you may be able to find a FREE used car seat through Facebook Marketplace or your local Buy Nothing Project group.
If you need help deciding what to use your gift card on, check out all the baby deals happening during Walmart’s Best of Baby Month happening now through September 30th!
Image via Graco.